What if I have a problem?

Internal Grievance Procedures: What to do if you have a problem.

Problem Talk to Options
Problem with Homestay Talk to your host. If you cannot then talk to…                International Director: Ms Brownie
ESOL teacher: Ms Richardson
Problem with study or your subjects You can talk to… International Director: Ms Brownie
Academic and Pastoral Leader: Mrs Reeves
Your subject teacher
Problems or questions about your visa, school, homestay fees, enrolment      Talk to… Contact NZ  Immigration
International Director: Ms Brownie
Problem with your health You can talk to… Your homestay (they can help you go to the doctor if necessary)
International Director: Ms Brownie
Guidance Counsellor: Ms Lauder


If you have a big problem and have talked to these people, but you are still not happy, you / your parents can either write to the Principal (Mr Murray), or the School Board of Trustees.

If, after contacting the Principal / Board of Trustees your problem is not solved, you can contact https://www.istudent.org.nz/ This is the appointed operator of the International Students Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme (DRS), which was set up to resolve financial and contractual disputes.

For further information please read the  International Student Contract Dispute Resolution Scheme Rules 2016

Make a formal complaint about an organisation

To make a formal complaint about an organisation:

  • Download the formal complaint form
  • Send your completed complaint form, along with any supporting evidence, to:

The Complaints Officer

Quality Assurance Division

P O Box 160

Wellington 6140

Or email a scan of your completed form, along with scans of any supporting evidence, to qadrisk@nzqa.govt.nz.

If you need more information on the complaints process, contact NZQA on 0800 697 296.


Upcoming events

Friday 10 Dec

10th December Last day of term 4.

Friday 10 Dec

10th December Junior and middle school prizegiving takes place at the Regent theatre. Middle School 9am. Junio... [Read more]

Thursday 2 Dec

2nd of December Teacher Only Day. No School. This is a day set by the Ministry of Education and will be coveri... [Read more]

Monday 29 Nov

Westland Anniversay Day holiday. No school.

Monday 22 Nov

22nd November Senior Prizegiving takes place at the Regent Theatre at 6pm.

Monday 25 Oct

Labour day holiday. No School.

Monday 18 Oct

18th October. Term 4 begins

Friday 1 Oct

1st October. Last day of term 3.

Friday 24 Sep

24th September the Westland High School Ball takes place. More information regarding venue and other details w... [Read more]

Monday 13 Sep

13th September to 20th September is Te wiki o te reo Maori / Maori language week. Visit https://www.tewikioter... [Read more]
All events