Information and resources to support wellbeing and learning at home
- The Governments covid19.govt.nz website has up to date information and support resources.
- The Ministry of Health’s website has information regarding the Covid-19 pandemic.
- The Ministry of Education has developed a resource for parents, caregivers, whānau and family http://education.govt.nz/school/health-safety-and-wellbeing/pastoral-care-and-wellbeing/talking-to-children-about-covid-19-coronavirus/.
- The Ministry of Health’s website includes Top ways to look after your mental wellbeing during the Covid-19 lockdown.
- I AM HOPE is the youth and community focused support group run by The Key to Life Charitable Trust, started by Mike King – https://www.iamhope.org.nz/
- Nathan Wallis has some helpful videos on his Facebook page for parents and whānau – https://www.facebook.com/nathanwallisxfactoreducation/ –
- Tips on looking after mental health and wellbeing during COVID-19 from the Mental Health foundation https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/get-help/covid-19/
- a website by the Health Promotion Agency to help New Zealanders recognise and understand depression and anxiety – https://depression.org.nz/covid-19/
- Visit https://www.mentalhealth.org.nz/ for specific resources on looking after your well-being during this period of time.
- Although overseas-based this is a good list and highlights some things particularly important for children. Remember the rules of New Zealand’s level 4 lockdown still apply – 25 Mental Health Wellness Tips during Quarantine from Eileen M Feliciano, Psy.D.
Friday 11 DecLast day of term 4, 2020. Tbc
Monday 30 NovWestland Anniversay Day holiday. No school.
Thursday 19 NovTeacher only day. No school.
Monday 26 OctLabour day holiday. No School.
Monday 12 OctTerm 4 begins
Friday 25 SepLast day of term 3.
Thursday 6 AugTeacher only day. No school.
Monday 20 JulTerm 3 starts
Friday 3 JulLast day of term 2.