Level 2 Mathematics A
Satisfactory completion of the 11MATA course. At least 16 credits from achievement standards including 91027 and 91028.
This is a course aimed at continuing the development of mathematical thinking and algebraic skills from the corresponding course at level one leading to the calculus and statistic courses at level three.
– Using algebraic techniques to solve problems
– An introduction to calculus
– A study of probability methods
– Using trigonometry skills to solve problems.
– An introduction to statistical inference.
The table below shows the credits available within the subject.
I or E * = Internal or external assessments
NCEA level 3 – calculus and statistics
Cost: $25 for workbooks. A graphics calculator is essential.
Contact: Mr J Straker