Level 1 Mathematics B
Satisfactory completion of Middle School MATLI and MATSP. MATNS is also highly desirable preparation for this course.
The aim of this course is to consolidate and extend the concepts and skills covered in the middle school programme. Learners will also have the opportunity to gain the numeracy unit standards if necessary.
– Using number skills to solve problems set in context.
– Using measurement skills to solve problems set in context.
– Investigating the relationship between sets of data.
– Using tables, graphs and equations to solve problems.
– Applying geometry skills.
The table below shows the credits available within the subject.
I or E * = Internal or external assessments
NCEA level 2 Mathematics.
Cost: Purchase of workbooks ($30) is advised. A scientific calculator ($20) is essential.
Contact: Mr J Straker