Westland High School offers an extensive range of subjects. We are also a member of the Toki Pounamu cluster of West Coast schools embracing digital learning. This provides a seamless transition from primary school where our students are also engaged in Learn, Create, Share pedagogy that has proven to lift student achievement. At Westland High School students will be required to use their own Chromebooks for learning in most classes. More information on Junior School (Years 7 and 8) and Middle School (Years 9 and 10) will be available on the school website.
Senior School - Years 11 - 13
- National Certificate in Educational Achievement (NCEA) qualifications are available.
- Each subject offers up to 4 hours of class time.
- There are three levels in the senior school. Students may take a multi-level course.
- Where there are low numbers the course may be offered by distance learning (*)
- Te Reo Māori
- Spanish *
- French *
- English for Speakers of Other Languages
- Statistics and Modelling
- General Science
HEALTH and PE
- Physical Education
- Outdoor Education
- Art History
- Drama and Dance
- Technology Soft Material (Textiles)
- Furniture senior
- Design and Visual Communication (Graphics)
- Hospitality / Food Technology
- Technology Digital / Computing
- Geography *
- Classical Studies
- Work Experience
- Trades Academy