- Instrumental lessons (violin, piano, voice, woodwinds, brass)
- Woodwinds may not be available in 2018 as woodwind teacher is on leave
- Rock Quest (if students are interested)
- Rock band
- Lunch time dance crews that will offer different genre throughout the year, starting with hip hop and also looking at b-boying and contemporary dance.
- Ballroom Dancing (preparation for the school formal dance at the end of Term 2)
- The 2018 production will be Bye Bye Birdie
- There will be a Cabaret evening in term 2 2018 where students can present their own works in spoken word, dance, song, instrument, live art.
- A student - staff committee organises the annual school formal dance,
- The Westland High School yearbook known as the “Pounamu” has a student editorial staff
- The School Council is made up of elected students. They raise awareness, run student assemblies and other activities.