Emergency Planning and Procedures
As part of our health and safety policy, Westland High School has plans in place for responding to emergencies, including:
- evacuation procedures have been practised and reviewed regularly via emergency drills and debriefs
- an up-to-date and fully stocked emergency kit
- staff training in emergency procedures
- identified assembly areas, evacuation points and emergency facilities
- maintaining up-to-date contact details for staff and students
Students and parents can download a copy of our policies and plans* regarding specific emergency situations including:
- electrical storms
- bomb threats
- school closure
*Please note that the link above will require you to login using the WHS SchoolDocs login information.
Friday 10 Dec10th December Last day of term 4.
Friday 10 Dec10th December Junior and middle school prizegiving takes place at the Regent theatre. Middle School 9am. Junio... [Read more]
Thursday 2 Dec2nd of December Teacher Only Day. No School. This is a day set by the Ministry of Education and will be coveri... [Read more]
Monday 29 NovWestland Anniversay Day holiday. No school.
Monday 22 Nov22nd November Senior Prizegiving takes place at the Regent Theatre at 6pm.
Monday 25 OctLabour day holiday. No School.
Monday 18 Oct18th October. Term 4 begins
Friday 1 Oct1st October. Last day of term 3.
Friday 24 Sep24th September the Westland High School Ball takes place. More information regarding venue and other details w... [Read more]