Planning Together for Ākonga Success: Our School, Our Community
Te Whakangārahu Ngātahi Planning Together for Ākonga Success: Our School, Our Community aims to improve planning and reporting practices, to focus on delivering equitable and excellent outcomes for all ākonga (students), by having schools be more accountable and responsive to the needs of their ākonga and their community.
Effective planning and reporting underpins all the other work that schools do. Schools need to intentionally plan, and evaluate their performance to:
- give effect to Te Tiriti o Waitangi
- meet legislated board primary objectives and show how the school has given particular regard to the NELP
- ensure the needs of all ākonga are met
- ensure the voices of all ākonga and whānau are heard
- develop and implement teaching and learning programmes, that give effect to curriculum requirements in the New Zealand Curriculum or Te Marautanga o Aotearoa, to improve outcomes for all ākonga.
Below is the first of two community consultation survey’s, we will also be holding two community toolkit sessions with feedback on the process to date and further opportunities for whānau to have their say.
Timeline for consultation:
- 14th November, Whānau hui in the school whare.
- 17th November, Second Google survey sent re: aspiration for student leavers/Graduate profile.
- 21st November, Consultation/ Tooklkit evening in the school library, including feedback to date.
- 27th November, Consultation closes.
- Feedback to the community on findings.
Further information regarding consultation evenings/hui will be emailed out.
- Te Whakangārahu Ngātahi Planning Together for Ākonga Success: Our School, Our Community
- Statement of National Education and Learning Priorities
- Westland High School 2023 Strategic plan
- Te Mātaiaho – The refreshed New Zealand curriculum
- Te Rautaki Mātauranga – Ngai Tahu Education Strategy